martedì 13 ottobre 2015

Lindy's black AJ page

It was ages since I participate on a challenge. It has been a good excuse to use my favourite mists and try my new black journal. It was in the kit form the Visual Art course I am attending, we've never use it, the size is gorgeous, so huge, unfortunately the pages are thin, so no good to take lots of medium. Anyway, I gave it a chance. The challenge is  the color challenge on Lindy's Gangs sprays:
Era una vita che non partecipavo ad un challenge, il color challenge dei colori spray della Lindy's, fantastici! Volevo poi provare il mio nuovo artjournal nero, misura fantastica, ma le pagine troppo sottili, peccato.
These are some steps: I started with an image from a magazine, I traced out the shape, and covered the shape with a layer of gesso.
Alcuni passi, una pagina molto semplice. Ho ritagliato l'immagine da una rivista e l'ho trasferita con il gesso
I put face down the image and make sure to adhere perfectly.
Rollato ben bene per togliere le bolle d'aria.
When dry I sprayed some water and start to peel the paper to reveal the image.
Quando perfettamente asciutto ho spruzzato dell'acqua e cominciato a spellare. 
I added some tetxure with a stencil mixing the embossing paste with some drops of mists.
Ho aggiunto della texture aggiungendo delle goccie di mists alla pasta da embossing.
I highlighted some details with the mists and a waterbrush.
Ho colorato delle parti, le labbra, gli occhi con i colori dalla bottiglietta.
I sprayed the background with the mists.
Ho spruzzato lo sfondo qua e la' con gli spray.
I glued some bits of laces
           -Ramblin rose pink
           -Hydrangea blue 
           -Sweet violet purple teal

I think this page fits also the challenge at Love2create:anything creative mixed  since I 'redraw' the face with PanPastels.
E a proposito di ArtJournaling sull'ultimo numero di CraftStamper c'e' il mio primo articolo, una pagina di ArtJournal su canvas :-)
And speaking about ArtJournaling, I have my very first article on the latest issue of CraftStamper magazine, and it's an ArtJournal page on canvas. Yuppeeee :-)

13 commenti:

Karen ha detto...

Well done on tackling a black page so beautifully my lovely friend! Inspiration for me xxx

Barbara ha detto...

Quanto mi piace questa pagine baase nera! Fantastica come sempre! Ormai non so davvero quali vocaboli cercare per dirti qualcosa di nuovo, il senso però è sempre quello sei stra brava! barbarayaya

Cocofolies ha detto...

Inspirational for me too Gio!!!
Beautiful page, well done in your thin black journal and thanks for the how-to, it looks so easy and fun to try on (always the best!).
Fabulous article in the Craft Stamper big congrats I read it with joy, so proud of you! :)
Big hugs, Coco

Anonimo ha detto...

Gio,
This page is so beautiful, I like the black background and what a great transfer you created.
Congratulations Gio on your article, I am so thrilled for you. I do not purchase Craft Stamper but maybe I need to try and purchase a copy of this issue. So happy for you!
Wishes
Lynne

Mona Pendleton ha detto...

Beautiful project! Love all the texture and pop of color!

craftytrog ha detto...

This is so beautiful Gio! I love the black background, those bright colours really pop! xx

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Wow - that's so dramatic. The colours really glow against the dark background. How cool to be using a black journal!
Alison xx

Sam & Poppy ha detto...

Gorgeous Gio. The black background really make the colours work over time!
Love it!
Big hugs, Sam and Poppy xx

Becca Cruger ha detto...

Those neon colors against that stark black background look sooooooo cool and vibrant! Love the texture of this!

Mona Pendleton ha detto...

Gorgeous project! Love the vibrant colors and all the fun embellishments! So fun and creative!

LISA ha detto...

Wow, Gio...This is a beautiful piece of art!! I love how you used the color against the black background! Perfect!! Thank you for joining us at Lindy's Stamp gang for the Color challenge!!

Natalie ha detto...

This is awesome
Thank you for joining us at Lindys Stamp gang for the Color challenge!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Congratulatzioni Gio!!! Una bella soddisfazione essere su Craft Stamper e te la meriti tutta abbondantemente!!!
Che "ritocchino" :D hai fatto alla ragazza! :D è favolosa con questi colori e la scritta le si addice davvero!